Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sara Bareilles

I discovered Sara because I was researching the acts coming to Meijer Gardens for the summer season. When I went to her website I watched "The Making of Kaleidoscope Heart" webisode parts 1, 2, 3, etc. Her playing was good and her voice was clear. I bought the tickets thinking that the show would sound pretty much like the video.
When we saw the show she did sing some softer songs much like video but most of her work had a strong rock and roll drum behind a Jerry Lee Louis piano which she played while belting out the strong vocals. Everyone got in a party mood and sang along when asked.
The point I want to make is that this is only her 2nd CD, she is young,she looks and acts like a normal person not a big star when she is off stage but when she puts her hair up (see the "Let the Rain .." webisode) and gets on stage she is a powerfull and impressive performer.
I think Sara Bareilles could be a good role model for anyone interested in the entertainment bussiness.
Her website is www.sarabmusic.com/us/home

No comments: